Work With Us
Work With Us
If you or your supported residential service would like to partner with Accent Home Care, there are many mutually beneficial options available. Please contact us to discuss the options.
Home Care / Personal Care Worker – Eastern and Southern Melbourne Metro
About the Role
Accent Home Care is a division of Tabulam & Templer Homes for the Aged who have been supporting older adults for nearly 50 years. We are a multicultural, not-for-profit home care provider and are seeking passionate individuals with a certificate III or IV in Aged Care, Community Care or Disability to provide community care services.
You will need a driver’s licence and reliable car to visit consumers and we will reimburse you for the costs of using your car.
Accent Home Care offers a competitive hourly rate, as well as weekend penalty rates. As a not-for-profit organisation you have the opportunity of salary packaging the first $15,900 of your wage as tax free.
Due to the fast growth of Accent Home Care we are seeking enthusiastic employees who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking regular hours of employment.
Staff vacancy locations:
Accent Home Care currently have vacancies for new staff to start work in the following council regions: Knox Maroondah Yarra Ranges Bayside Frankston Glen Eira Kingston Mornington Peninsula Port Phillip Stonnington Dandenong and Bayside Peninsula.
About the role:
- As an employee of Accent Home Care, you will get to work with people living in their own homes
- You will assist older people to access the community such as taking them to the shops, library and social groups as well as going out for a coffee or a walk in the park
- You will assist with domestic assistance, personal care, meal preparation, in home respite and other tasks to assist the older adult maintain their independence
Skills and experience:
- Able to work independently
- Able to follow instructions that are written in a task list
- Have effective communication skills
- Have good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Be able to uphold the Aged Care Standards of consumer choice and dignity
- Have excellent customer service skills and be polite
- Be reliable, flexible and able to commit to a variety of shifts
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a valid police clearance
- Have a Victorian driver’s license
- Have a reliable car which with comprehensively insurance
- Have a smart phone and be able to use it effectively
- Previous experience within Community/Aged Care sector (desired)
- Able to speak more than one language (desirable but not essential)
- Certificate III in Aged Care, or disability (minimum requirement)
If this sounds like you, contact us today.
P: 8720 1338
COVID-19 considerations: At accent Home Care we do the utmost to protect our clients and staff from COVID19