Work With Us
Case Manager / Care Advisor Home Care – Bayswater VIC (Full time)
Who we are
Accent Home Care is a division of Tabulam and Templer Homes for the Aged (TTHA) who have been supporting older people for over 50 years. Accent Home Care has a range of services that extend to Home Care Packages (HCP), Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and private services.
What the role is
The Home Care Package Case Manager works in partnership with consumers, carers, families and informal supporters to facilitate the consumer directed support and services that may be required to meet the client’s goals and assistance to help older people remain living in their home. The role will involve community visits, referrals, coordination, assessments, monitoring and case management.
The successful applicant will need:
- Diploma in Community Services or Diploma in Case Management or have qualifications in either Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy or Health Science.
- Demonstrated experience working with clients and carers to identify client needs, risks and strengths to design a care plan, associated budget and service agreement.
- Demonstrated experience in case management and care coordination for older people, and their carers for the purpose of supporting older Australians remain living safely at home.
- Ability to work within a budget and meet agreed performance measures.
- Understanding of and experience working within the various guidelines and standards including the Aged Care Quality Standards.
You will also need:
- Current VIC driver’s licence and safe driving record
- Use of own vehicle in sound condition and with comprehensive insurance
- Current Criminal History Record check – not older than 3 years
- Have current influenza vaccination
- Current First Aid Certificate
Salary dependent on experience and qualification. PBI salary packaging is available.
Home Care / Personal Care Worker – Eastern and Southern Melbourne Metro
About the Role
Accent Home Care is a division of Tabulam & Templer Homes for the Aged who have been supporting older adults for nearly 50 years. We are a multicultural, not-for-profit home care provider and are seeking passionate individuals with a certificate III or IV in Aged Care, Community Care or Disability to provide community care services.
You will need a driver’s license and a reliable car to visit consumers and we will reimburse you for the costs of using your car.
Accent Home Care offers a competitive hourly rate, as well as weekend penalty rates. As a not-for-profit organisation you have the opportunity of salary packaging the first $15,900 of your wage as tax-free.
Due to the fast growth of Accent Home Care, we are seeking enthusiastic employees who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking regular hours of employment.
Staff vacancy locations:
Accent Home Care currently has vacancies for new staff to start work in the following council regions: Knox Maroondah Yarra Ranges Bayside Frankston Glen Eira Kingston Mornington Peninsula Port Phillip Stonnington Dandenong and Bayside Peninsula.
About the role:
- As an employee of Accent Home Care, you will get to work with people living in their own homes
- You will assist older people to access the community such as taking them to the shops, library, and social groups as well as going out for a coffee or a walk in the park
- You will assist with domestic assistance, personal care, meal preparation, in-home respite, and other tasks to assist the older adult maintain their independence
Skills and experience:
- Able to work independently
- Able to follow instructions that are written in a task list
- Have effective communication skills
- Have good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Be able to uphold the Aged Care Standards of consumer choice and dignity
- Have excellent customer service skills and be polite
- Be reliable, flexible, and able to commit to a variety of shifts
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a valid police clearance
- Have a Victorian driver’s license
- Have a reliable car which with comprehensively insurance
- Have a smartphone and be able to use it effectively
- Previous experience within Community/Aged Care sector (desired)
- Able to speak more than one language (desirable but not essential)
- Certificate III in Aged Care, or disability (minimum requirement)
COVID-19 considerations: At accent Home Care we do the utmost to protect our clients and staff from COVID19