In light of current conditions with the COVID-19 virus, Accent Home Care would like to assure you that our consumers are our priority. Changing time require us to follow certain guidelines to ensure we can continue to deliver the high-quality care and services we always have. Below is some information for our consumers on COVID-19, our services and how we will continue to support you in these trying times.
Maintain Essential services for our home care clients
- Our Case Management team will continue to contact our clients on regular basis to ensure our clients have services in place and have sufficient essential items supply (such as toilet rolls, hand sanitors and masks).
- Shopping assistance is available for grocery shopping and medication pick up.
- Emotional/ social support is available for our clients over the phone.
- “Care Pack” (including toilet rolls, tissue papers, soap, paper towel, hand sanitizer, face masks) are available for order and be delivered to your door. If you would like to purchase one, please feel free to contact our office at (03) 8720 1338 during 9:30 am – 5 pm Mon-Fri.
Your wellbeing is our priority!!
Keeping our clients, staff and community safe
- All staff, carers, contractors and volunteers who have travelled anywhere overseas recently must self-isolate for 14 days from the date of return. This applies equally to TTHA staff and Contracted Carers provided at home or in ILU’s by Accent Home Care.
- All staff, carers and contractors that have come into contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19, will be asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
Staff, carers and contractors presenting with flu-like symptoms, including fever are required to stay at home and seek medical advice. Fever is defined by regulation as being a measure above 37.4 degrees Celsius.
- Additional training to ensure all staff and carers delivering care are vigilant and up to date in best practice infection prevention and control practices and in particular COVID 19/Coronavirus.
- We have established an infection control committee that includes specialist clinicians, residents, senior managers, and a TTHA Board Representative to ensure that we are prepared and able to respond to any clients or staff with COVID-19.
- Social Support group is on hold until 30th April inclusively to ensure the safety of our clients and care workers. It’ll be reviewed towards the end of April.
What we need from you
- If you’re sick in any way, especially if you have flu-like symptoms, please stay home, and notify us immediately.
- Adhere to good hand hygiene by washing your hands for at least 30 seconds before eating, and after using the toilet. Use warm/hot water and soap.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into your elbow and rewash your hands.
- Tell us if you have travelled overseas or been in contact with anyone at risk of having COVID-19.
- If you have been confirmed to have the Coronavirus please contact TTHA immediately.
- We recommend you get vaccinated for the flu for the coming flu season.
- Contact your doctor for any of your health concern.
- Go to the Department of Health website www.health.vic.gov.au for the latest information.
Watch this video from Brett Sutton, Chief Health Officer regarding top hygiene tips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6kyXtChVJ0.
Our ongoing support
If you have been confirmed to have the Coronavirus, we will contact the Health Department’s Rapid Response Team. This team will provide additional support at home including personal protective equipment (PPE).
Accent Home care will continue to provide care to our clients at home even after a positive diagnosis of Coronavirus until the Rapid Response Team takes over. Carers will wear the necessary protective gear if required. We may also request that you wear a facemask to protect our carers.
Important contact numbers
Further information about how you can protect yourself and your family from COVID-19 is available by visiting the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus, or call
Public Health Information Hotline on 1800 004 599
Lifeline for any family or friends Crisis support on 13 11 14.
Accent Home Care